Ep. 30 Married a Different Petitioner on a K1 Fiance visa, can I still get my Green Card inside the US?

  • K-1 Fiancé visa is designed to marry the original US citizen petitioner
  • It will not be possible to proceed with an adjustment of status from inside the US, it has to go through the US Embassy in your country

Raw Transcript:

Jacob: Hello everybody, this is Jacob Sapochnick and welcome to another episode of Ask An Immigration Lawyer. This question is from Suki. Suki is asking about the K-1 Fiancé visa.

So came into the United States with a fiancé visa that was approved for 90 days to marry her fiancé but unfortunately things didn’t go well and Suki did not marry her fiancé. And the question is now that Suki is here for about a year now after the fiancé visa and she met somebody else, can she marry the new US citizen and proceed with adjustment of status in United States as well as getting a green card. Read more