Ep. 45 What are some of the ways to obtain relief from Removal/Deportation?

  • There are three ways: Cancellation of Removal, Asylum and Adjustment of Status
  • Cancellation of removal is a good way for people that had been in US for 10 or more years.
  • Asylum is a good way if you qualify to avoid removal.
  • Adjustment of status is when changing your status from known immigrant to lawful permanent resident.
  • Another way is called Prosecutorial Discretion.

Raw Transcript:

Jacob: Hello everybody, Jacob here. Ask An Immigration Lawyer Podcast. You ask, we answer, simple.

Today I’m answering a question from Mary. Mary is a person that left a comment on our Facebook page and the question is what are some of the ways to obtain relief from removal and be allowed to remain in United States? Read more

Ep. 35 I am detained by immigration. Can they just kick me out? How does the removal process start?

  • You can’t just be kicked out
  • In most cases, unless there is an outstanding order of removal in your file, you have the right to defend your case in immigration court
  • Notice to Appear (NTA) is issued by Homeland Security to you and the applicant. It signals the initiation of removal proceeding against you
  • Review the NTA carefully to make sure there are no mistakes. Small details are very important when fighting for your right to stay

Raw Transcript:

Introduction: You ask we answer your immigration questions, simple. And now your host immigration lawyer Jacob Sapochnick.

Jacob: Hello everybody, welcome to another episode of Ask An Immigration Lawyer. This is your host Jacob Sapochnick.

Today we continue with some more questions about deportation and removal. And another question that people ask is how does the removal process start and also can I be just kick out of the country? Many people ask repeated Facebook and we have a couple of these questions where people ask can I just be picked up and kicked out of the country? Read more