Ep. 37 What is a Fiance Visa (K1) and what are the requirements to apply?

  • Only a US citizen, not a green card holder, can file a fiancé visa
  • You have to be married within 90 days upon arrival. If not, the foreign national must depart US
  • Both parties must be free to marry throughout the whole process
  • Physical meeting is crucial, however, there are exemptions. Provide proof of relationship

Raw Transcript:

Jacob: Hello everybody and welcome to another episode of Ask An Immigration Lawyer – you ask, we answer, simple.

Today I will be talking about the K1 Fiancé Visa. What are the requirements, what it is. We have tons of questions about fiancé visas, a lot of confusion, who can or cannot apply for this visa. Read more