Ep. 22 I have a minor US citizen child, can I get a green card?

  • Misconceptions of having a US citizen child for parents legalization
  • A US citizen child must be 21 years old to be able to petition for parents; 18 years old to petition for sibling
  • Cannot get green card by having a minor US citizen child

Raw Transcript:

Introduction: You ask we answer your immigration questions. Simple. And now your host immigration lawyer Jacob Sapochnick.

Jacob: Hello everybody. Welcome to another episode of Ask An Immigration Lawyer. I’m very excited to be here and we’re getting tons of questions. Tons of questions because of this podcast and I’m very grateful.

This question is coming to us via Facebook. Again, a common question that many, many people all over the world are asking. Can I get a green card based on the fact that I have a minor US citizen child that was just born here in the US? Read more