- the process if you want to change the status from one visa to green card
- must be physically in the US in order to adjust status
- immigration petition must already have been approved
- if priority date is not current then you cannot file petition for adjustment of status
- must have not entered the US illegally
- you do not have any change in your circumstances (ex. change in employment; divorce before green card)
Introduction: You ask we answer your immigration questions. Simple. And now your host immigration lawyer Jacob Sapochnick.
Jacob: Hello everybody, welcome to another episode of Ask An Immigration Lawyer.
Today’s episode we are answering the question am I eligible to file for an adjustment of status inside the United States? This question came to us via Twitter and … great. So it’s a question we always get and … So just a few seconds about adjustments of status. Continue reading