- Petitioner or sponsor for family-based US green cards
- Affidavit of support’s purpose is to ensure the government that the immigrant is not inadmissible
- List of people who are exempt and roles of a petitioner or sponsor
- 40 social security quarters need to be earned lawfully – it cannot be unlawful
- Needs to file I-864w to explain those who are exempted
Jacob: Hello everybody Jacob Sapochnick here with another episode of Ask An Immigration Lawyer – you ask, we answer, simple.
Today we’re getting a question from our Facebook page and this is regarding affidavit of support form I-864. The question is why do we need the affidavit of support I-864 form? Who needs it and are there any exceptions from filing this form. Great question. Continue reading