- F visa holder must know that when you apply for a green card you may lose the chance of renewing your F1.
- The length of a green card process can take two or more years. This process will not allow you a right to stay in the US.
- Until you can get to the adjustment of status process, you won’t be allowed to work.
- It may take years especially for those from India and China.
- Always get advice from a qualified attorney before filing from an F1
Jacob: Hello everybody, this is Jacob here at Ask An Immigration Lawyer Podcast. You ask, we answer, simple.
I’m getting a lot of questions now that the H1B lottery is over. Many, many people were not selected and they have to go back to student status, they have to give up those jobs because H1B visas were not – they were not selected in the lottery. Continue reading